Motivated individual with strong interest and passion for
visual storytelling, arts, diversity, equity, and community cultural development.
RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
· Professional photojournalism experience, storyboard writing, and research skills
· Published author and photojournalist, “Humans of San Antonio” (2018) Trinity University Press
· Completed Photojournalism Intensive Study Program, Mountain Workshops for Photojournalism
· Installed Largest Photography Mural in Downtown San Antonio, “Humans of San Antonio”
· Social media management and project development skills
· Adobe Creative Cloud skills and Final Cut Pro X editing skills
· Public relations experience and formal presentation skills
· FAA Certified Drone Pilot and knowledge of professional camera operations
Centro San Antonio – Staff Photographer and Videographer (2016 – present)
Key roles: Visual storytelling, downtown interviews, community engagement, public relations, public speaking, project development, and media communications.
· Execute all professional photography and videography needs for the organization
· Asist with multimedia project development and execution
· Maintain High Definition cameras and categorized all photography and videography assets
· Create storytelling marketing videos for events and partnering organizations
· Lead video interviews with Mayor and City Councilmembers
Humans of San Antonio LLC – Founder, Author, and Photographer (2012 – present)
Key roles: Visual Storytelling, downtown street interviews, community engagement, public speaking, project development, and Photography/Videography/Media Communications.
• Pecha Kucha featured presenter on downtown diversity and inner-city stories
• Awesome SA Community Award Winner 2014
• Selected COSA Department of Arts & Culture Artist of the Month October 2015
• Published author of Trinity University Press, Humans of San Antonio Book 2018
• Executed and developed a social media presence of over 20,000 followers
• Selected 2016 TedxSanAntonio images showcase of downtown diversity
• Taught storytelling photography workshops at local schools and universities
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2010
Webster University, Thailand, 2007- 2009
Sixteen month study abroad experience to explore cultural sensitivity and diversity.
Academic coursework includes International Relations and Communications
Webster University, The Netherlands, Fall 2008
Four month study abroad experience with coursework in Cognitive Psychology and Psychology of Adolescence - (Recipient of World Traveler’s academic scholarship)